GPS: 37º48’44,45”N x 8º35’32,86”W
When you arrive by plane it is best to rent a car at the airport. A 2 hours drive will take you to Vedemar, either from Faro or from Lisbon. Sometimes a cheaper option, is to fly to Oporto, Seville (4 hours by car) or Madrid (5 hours by car).
You can also come by bus; an express bus leaves 3 times a day from Lisbon to Cercal do Alentejo. Have in mind that coming by bus will limit your explorations in Verdemar, as local buses are rare.
Another option – from Faro or Lisbon- is the train to Funcheira station.
We can provide transfers to bus (5€) or train station (40€).
For information about car-rental and buses (rede de espressos) or train (cp)see our links.
From the north – Lisbon:
- from the airport take the Ponte Vasco da Gama; from the old centre the Ponte 25 de Abril
- A2 ( toll road) direction Sul / Algarve, until the exit Beja / Ferriera
- after paying, follow the N262 / IC1 in the direction of Algarve / Ourique until Mimosa
- 7 km after Bicos (tomtom) , 7 km before Cercal, Casas Novas / Verdemar – is signposted
- last part is a 500m dirt road.
From the south – Albufeira:
- A2 in the direction Norte / Lisboa until exit Aljustrel
- leaving the highway, go to the left (passing under the highway) in the direction of Alvalade
- the last 2 km following the IC1 (to the right) in the direction of Lisboa / Alvalade
- before Mimosa go to the left in the direction of Cercal (36 km)
- 7 km after Bicos (tomtom), 7 km before Cercal, Casas Novas / Verdemar is signposted
- last 500m over a dirt road
- A2 (toll road) or IP1 in the direction Norte / Lisboa until exit Ourique
- N389 in direction of Garvao / Cercal (36 km)
- 2 km before Cercal go to the right in direction of Alvalade / Bicos
- after 5 km – Casas Novas / Verdemar – is signposted.
- last 500m on dirt road